[AccessD] VBA Unbound data entry / update form

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Tue Jun 10 18:30:30 CDT 2008

I did post how to handle edit collisions when 2 users change different
fields in the same record.  To handle changes in the same field, at the
same time, simply check the value before you change it.

BUT, you get the same results with just using a bound form.

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 4:04 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] VBA Unbound data entry / update form

Rocky, you are neither dumb nor rash.

I am actually soliciting useful and usable discussion about
a specific problem.

If YOU (and anyone else) would like to contribute to a
discussion re editing existing records in an unbound form
and attempting to correctly handle edit collisions, I would
WELCOME such input.

I AM having a problem with people telling me I am whimpering
when I do not consider their solutions to a completely
different problem to be useful.

I do have a problem with people telling me how it is just
never possible anywhere in the universe that what they
consider to be "the only correct answer" isn't useful.

And I do have a problem being told that just because they
can't solve the problem that the problem isn't solvable.

If such people would just go away I would be VERY happy.

The information contained in this transmission is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain II-VI Proprietary and/or II-VI Business Sensitive material. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. You are notified that any review, retransmission, copying, disclosure, dissemination, or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.