[AccessD] Merge Process Doesn't See All the Queries - Why?

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Sat Jun 21 17:02:05 CDT 2008

Hi,

This database has a query specifically for generating the records to be
captured in a merge document.  The query is
qryPrintListForContributionTypeOfMember (I didn't make up this name - I
have inherited it).  The Donation letter is supposed to be linked to
that query.  When the Donation letter got moved into another folder, of
course it could no longer find its supporting query.  Hey, no problem,
just point it back at the database, right, and select the appropriate
query - but, when I do that, the query does not appear in the list.  Not
possible, say I to myself, I must have goofed up and pointed to the
wrong copy of this silly database - do it again, and be careful this
time.  So, I did it again and again, and always the same result.
Naturally, I'm thinking somehow I have lost this query - don't know how,
but it must be gone.  No, open the database normally, and there is the
query.  Open  a fresh Word document to start the process over and
reconstruct the letter, which must have something wrong with it, right,
since it can't see the perfectly good query - oh no! - the same result.
Looking for the data source, the query does not show up in the list of
queries available in this database.  Open the database itself, there is
the query, just fine.  What the . . . . ????

I've never seen this before and I don't know what the problem is.  Any
ideas?

Thanks,
Tina