[AccessD] Do While in VBA

Rocky Smolin at Beach Access Software rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Wed Jun 25 10:41:37 CDT 2008

If Cell has 'something' then Exit Do?

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software
858-259-4334
www.e-z-mrp.com
www.bchacc.com

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Steve Turner
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 8:31 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: [AccessD] Do While in VBA

Hello,

Quick question I know someone can help with. I have a VBA macro in Excel I'm
working on with a Do While loop in it. I want it to stop on a cell I put
something in to make it stop. Right now it just bypasses what ever I put in
the cell. Its puzzling why. Can't use the "" blank cell because the macro is
deleting blank rows. Declared a string var but what I put in it may be
somehow different than what shows up in the cell by some small amount like
Stop, "Stop" tried both but it didn't work. Using

Dim dontdo$

dontdo = "Stop"

x = ActiveCell.Row

 Do While ActiveCell(x, 1).Value <> dontdo.

Steve A. Turner
Controller
Mid-South Engineering Co. Inc
P.O. Box 1399