[AccessD] Code Help Please

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Mar 6 13:35:22 CST 2008

Max,

I also often rename the controls to not be the same as the control source,
though I am certainly not religious about it.  I like naming conventions and
I like knowing that a control is a txt or a cbo or a lst etc.  It just makes
reading the code easier.  I do so mostly when I am actually referencing the
control in code, at that time I will rename the control.  It also makes any
search and replace operations easier to wade through since if you are
looking for the object you can find it whereas if you are looking for the
field you can find that.

I must admit I do not spend time on it until I need to reference a control
in code.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting