[AccessD] Code Help Please

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Mar 6 22:05:40 CST 2008

LOL, I find nothing wrong with differentiating the Name field in the
employee table from the Name field in the company table.  Works for me.  I
have done too many Search and Replaces on databases where there were 47 Name
fields (or even worse ID fields).  Every table has an ID field named... you
guessed it, ID.  Which ID are we talking about here?  Oh... THAT ID...  Two
hundred tables each of which have an ID field.   Hmm.....

Yep, EM_ID is different from CO_ID and EM_Name is different from CO_Name.
Naming conventions are about what works for you, and what works for me is
knowing which ID field I am looking at without having to spend hours
examining 4768 instances of ID by hand in my Search and Replace.

8-)

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting