[AccessD] Record Count for all tables

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Tue Mar 11 11:24:12 CDT 2008

Watch for wordwrap here.

Paste this in a module, and go to the immediate window.
Put in: ?GetAllTableRecordCount(
And you'll get the option in the enum below. Select the option you want, close the parenthesis, and hit enter.  Whalla!

Public Enum RecCountType
    intTableOnly = 1
    intQueryOnly = 2
    intTableAndQuery = 3
End Enum

Function GetAllTableRecordCount(intCountType As RecCountType)
Dim rsTables As ADODB.Recordset
Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset
Set rsTables = CurrentProject.Connection.OpenSchema(adSchemaTables)
If rsTables.EOF = False Then rsTables.MoveFirst
Do Until rsTables.EOF = True
    If intCountType = intTableOnly Or intCountType = intTableAndQuery Then
        If rsTables.Fields("TABLE_TYPE") = "TABLE" Then
            Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset
            rs.Open "SELECT Count(*) FROM " & rsTables.Fields("TABLE_NAME").Value, CurrentProject.Connection, adOpenKeyset, adLockReadOnly
            rs.MoveFirst
            Debug.Print rsTables.Fields("TABLE_NAME") & " - Record Count: " & rs.Fields(0).Value
            rs.Close
            Set rs = Nothing
        End If
    End If
    If intCountType = intQueryOnly Or intCountType = intTableAndQuery Then
        If rsTables.Fields("TABLE_TYPE") = "VIEW" Then
            Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset
            rs.Open "SELECT Count(*) FROM " & rsTables.Fields("TABLE_NAME").Value, CurrentProject.Connection, adOpenKeyset, adLockReadOnly
            rs.MoveFirst
            Debug.Print rsTables.Fields("TABLE_NAME") & " - Record Count: " & rs.Fields(0).Value
            rs.Close
            Set rs = Nothing
        End If
    End If