[AccessD] Max #loops in VBA report Generation

Judy Johnson jjwrite at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 14 06:34:00 CDT 2008

Hi - running Access 2002. Never experienced this problem before, the db has been running almost 3 years.

The problem occurs on a subreport that contains code that actually builds each line of the report from data in a temp table.

When the temp table contains 105 records the report generates perfectly. As soon as another record is added Access hangs ("not responding" in Task manager)
I know the 106th record contains valid data, I populated the temp table with the same single record and as soon as I hit 106 records the report will not generate.

I'm testing on a Vista machine with 2 GB RAM and >300 GB disk space so I don't believe it's a resource issue? Unless there's some stacking going on in Access that I've forgotten about?

Anyone heard of a bug? I can send the code.

Thanks so much.

Judy