[AccessD] Report Data Order Differs From Form or Query Data Order

Max Wanadoo max.wanadoo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 03:20:39 CDT 2008

Hi All,
I have come across this perplexing problem and wonder if anybody can throw
any light on it.

I have a database (A3K) where address records are checked and a mailsort
code inserted into a field.
Once all records have been processed the table is then parsed and a bagbreak
code inserted into another field based on the number of items allowed per
bag.  A bagbreak is also inserted when the mailsort code changes to a new
code.  All this works ok and is here for background information, you do not
need to worrry about how all this works.

Here is the problem however.
It is essential that the records are processed in the correct order so that
mail bags are filled correctly and bag breaks are shown in the correct
order.
This works ok when I view the records in a FORM.  It also works ok when I
view the records via a Query.

However, when I view the records via a REPORT the order is  different.  I
have created blank basic no options, no sortation,no filters etc etc reports
and yet the order is still different from that given by the FORM or the
QUERY.

Is there a different "engine" used by the  RPORT as opposed to that used by
the FORM/QUERY?

Any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks
Max