[AccessD] Continuous subform on a continuous subform

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 17:25:17 CDT 2008

There's still another way, not used by many, IME, but I like it a lot. It
begins with the classic form/subform setup, but for the subform you
substitute a form/subform, so that all together you have
grandparent/parent/child. Now here's the trick. Set the grandparent form to
datasheet view and presto, you get a layout that's like Explorer, with
expandable/collapsible nodes. Trap the double-click event at each row-level
and use it to open an edit-style form.

I think this sort of UI is way cool looking, and the fact that each level is
using a form rather than just the table lets you have all the control you
could want.

Arthur