[AccessD] OT:Batch File Syntax

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 20:31:29 CDT 2008

Whichever test you use, provided there is a goto then the other test is not
required -- unless of course you have more than one branch, in which case
you would need more than one IF since there is no equivalent to Select Case:

if exist c:\autoexec.bat goto Yupper
echo c:\autoexec.bat does not exist.
echo Your mother wears army boots.
echo Run as many commands here as you wish. When you're done...
goto Done

:yupper
copy c:\autoexec.bat c:\autoexec.old
echo Do something else.
echo Do something else.
goto Done             <---- this, in this example, is redundant, since the
next line is the Done label

:Done
echo That's all for now, folks.
echo When you're ready for something really hip, ask me about for %x% in().
echo Batch languages are surprisingly powerful.

Arthur