[AccessD] VM for different versions of Access

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat Mar 29 10:31:25 CDT 2008

>My past week's experience starting to learn about Linux has me very
sensitive to the several "Swiss Cheese holes" in my knowledge.

Get over it. ;-)  NOBODY know everything and most of us know very little.

Back in the 70s I read that at in the 1500s a "genius" could know everything
understood about the world, all science, math, medicine etc.  By 1970 a
Genius could not even know everything known about a single branch of science
- math, physics, chemistry etc.  Man's knowledge of the world was (at that
time) roughly doubling every 4 years.

Today it would be impossible to know everything there is to know about
programming languages or databases.  That is why I laugh so hard when I see
want adds with "must be experienced in Windows, Office, SQL Server, C#,
Java, HTML, etc etc let's throw in every technical term we know..."

"Experienced in" and "useful" are two entirely different things.

I strive to know one or two things very well and I can then look like an
expert somewhere in the world.  I haven't gotten there yet but I still
strive.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting