[AccessD] A2K: Replication and the BEU

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sat May 3 23:47:31 CDT 2008

I have written extensively here about Access replication. You can search the
archives for the details. For now, the crucial questions to ask are: 1. How
quickly does everyone need the replicated data? 2. Are we talking about just
one office or about remote offices linked via WAN or whatever?

My experiments led me to abandon the traditional FE on local PCs and the BE
on a server, for performance reasons. Instead I set up replicas on each
local PC and had the synchronizer and the BE on the eerver. The
synchronization traffic was far less than the typical "populate these
combo-boxes from the eerver" scenario. If the net traffic is your problem,
then replication is a great way to go.

Arthur