[AccessD] Record Set only returning 1 record

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Sun May 11 14:25:05 CDT 2008

Hi David

Have you tried to call a:

      rstReport.MoveLast

before counting records?

/gustav

>>> newsgrps at dalyn.co.nz 11-05-2008 21:05 >>>
Access XP

I have the following code in a report:

Option Compare Database
Option Explicit

' Constant for maximum number of columns on report
Const cTotalColumns = 16

' Variables for Recordset.
Dim rstReport As DAO.Recordset

' Variables for number of columns and column totals.
Dim intColumnCount As Integer

Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer)

     Dim qdf As DAO.QueryDef

     ' Set database variable to current database.
     Set qdf = CurrentDb.QueryDefs("qryBSVRRpt2")

     ' Open Recordset object.
     Set rstReport = qdf.OpenRecordset()

     '  Set a variable to hold number of columns in query.
     intColumnCount = rstReport.RecordCount

End Sub

When I run qryBSVRRpt2 directly it shows 16 records.  However, when I
put a breakpoint on the line above where intColumnCount is set, it
only shows 1 record, and my report only processes 1 record.

Does anyone know why the code is only returning 1 record?

Regards

David Emerson
Dalyn Software Ltd
Wellington, New Zealand