[AccessD] Decimal Data Type

Edward S Zuris edzedz at comcast.net
Thu May 15 09:16:02 CDT 2008

 I run into it when working with other types
 of older databases such as DEC VMS systems
 or Progress systems, or MAS90 systems, etc.

 If I can, I try to stick to double and long,
 as I hate to do work over because something
 was too small.

 For a challenge, find an old IBM book called
 the principles of operation.  It will explain
 many of the older data types from IBM's point
 of view.