[AccessD] A2K3 vs A2K7?

Rocky Smolin at Beach Access Software rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Thu May 15 17:20:23 CDT 2008

Well, I agree Charlotte.  Me should just refer to the subform; Me.Requery
should refer to the RecordSource of the subform. But Darryl was speculating
that perhaps an explicit call

This works perfectly in A2K3.  Fails consistently in A2K7.  I just tried it
myself with A2K7 (loathe as I am to even fire it up).  And got it to fail.

Then I tried converting the mdb to A2K7 format.  And got the same result
with an accdb.  Something really screwy going on there but darned if I can
figure out what it might be.

To try to find out what Me. was referring to at that point I put in MsgBox
Me.Name but in A2K7 that gives an error message as well - Invalid procedure
call or argument

In A2K3 MsgBox Me.Name displays "Matters_GroupMatters" which is the correct
name of the sub-form.

On the theory that it might have something to do with a library, here's the
references in A2K7 of the accdb which fails:

Visual Basic for Applications
Microsoft Access 12.0 Object Library
OLE Automation
Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000 library
MicrosoftCalendarControl 11.0
Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications Extensibility 5.3
Microsoft Office 12.0 Access database engine Object library

The references for the A2K3 mdb are the same except for the addition of

Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library

When I try to add DAO 3.6 to the references in the A2K7 accdb I get Name
conflicts with existing project, module or library.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software