[AccessD] Autonumber problem

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon May 19 16:24:16 CDT 2008

This was a known bug back in 2K (I believe) which an SP sorted out.  The
bug "reset" the autonumber to the next "available" number, which of
course is at the beginning of the first "hole".  I have dealt with this
MANY times.

If you perform the C&R using a machine where the bug has not been fixed,
then you will CAUSE the problem, not fix it.  To my knowledge the fix
never "REPAIRED" the problem, i.e. it never resequenced the autonumber
out past the last used number, a manual fix such as discussed previously
has always been required.