[AccessD] Query Column Headings -Table's Caption Property Vs a Query's Alias

John Skolits askolits at nni.com
Mon May 19 21:30:53 CDT 2008

I have some tables where I have added captions in the Table's design.
When I run a query against the table, I see those captions as the column
headings instead of the field name. Good, this is what I want.
But there are a few query headings I would like to change and still keep the
table's captions the table's design.

You would think that you would simply use an alias prefix in the grid's
field name (i.e. EXPR1:FieldName)

But when you run the query, it still shows the caption listed in the table's
design not 'EXPR1'.

I thought maybe there was a <Tools><Options> setting but I didn't find
anything. Also nothing in the query's properties (as far as I could see).

Anyone have any thoughts?

John Skolits