[AccessD] Multiple Frontend Users

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue May 20 10:47:13 CDT 2008

You are probably correct.  Again though that depends.  If you are
hitting a SQL Server BE and loading just a single record then the form
itself might actually be more "data" than the data loaded into the form.
  Are you entering new data records, just sitting with the form open all
the time?  Are you browsing through existing records with the form open
all the time?

Another consideration is that if the FE is on the local workstation then
the hard disk serves just that user.  The time to load a form is
probably faster because you are not in a queue to have your form loaded
from your FE on your network storage.  As far as the total impact on
network traffic, it is probably not that great.

I probably would not care much whether the FE was on a network store for
each user or on the local hard disk.  It would almost certainly be
faster opening forms if it were local but how much would depend on a lot
of different things.  Only in the case where hundreds or thousands of
users were in the database would it make much difference.