[AccessD] Get Value from Record Set?

Darryl Collins Darryl.Collins at coles.com.au
Wed May 21 00:25:36 CDT 2008

Hey Everyone,

I want to return one value from a table and I am struggling with it. I can get the KeyID I need and can get the entry I want, but I cannot seem to actually read the value itself.  Clearly I am stuffing something obvious up.

Table layout is like this

KeyID   FYP       OtherBlah   OtherBlah2
100     FY08 01   ra ra       ra ra
101     FY08 02   ra ra       ra ra
102     FY08 03   ra ra       ra ra
etc

The value I want back is actually the FYP field.

'''--- CODE SAMPLE BELOW -------
Sub UpdateTL_1()

Dim sSQL As String
Dim lFYPID As Long
Dim rs1 As DAO.Recordset
Dim db As DAO.Database

   'On Error GoTo UpdateTL_1_Error

lFYPID = [Forms]![frm_FYP_APLID_Admin].FYPID.Value
lFYPID = (lFYPID - 1) ' <-- THIS GET THE KEYID.

sSQL = "SELECT tbl_FY_Period.FY_P"
sSQL = sSQL & " FROM tbl_FY_Period"
sSQL = sSQL & " WHERE (((tbl_FY_Period.FY_P_ID)=" & lFYPID & "));"

Set db = CurrentDb
Set rs1 = db.OpenRecordset(sSQL)

MsgBox rs1.RecordCount '<-- THIS RETURNS 1
MsgBox rs1.Fields.Count '<-- THIS RETURNS 1

' AIRCODE - THIS BIT I AM STUCK ON. How do I get the VALUE of that field
'[Forms]![frm_FYP_APLID_Admin].[FYP1].Value = rs1.Fields.FYP.Value

Set rs1 = Nothing
Set db = Nothing

This email and any attachments may contain privileged and confidential information and are intended for the named addressee only. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail immediately. Any confidentiality, privilege or copyright is not waived or lost because this e-mail has been sent to you in error. It is your responsibility to check this e-mail and any attachments for viruses.  No warranty is made that this material is free from computer virus or any other defect or error.  Any loss/damage incurred by using this material is not the sender's responsibility.  The sender's entire liability will be limited to resupplying the material.