[AccessD] Get Value from Record Set?

Darryl Collins Darryl.Collins at coles.com.au
Wed May 21 01:13:00 CDT 2008

For the achives. Again, big thanks to Stuart for helping out.  V happy as now I writing this directly into the report.  Much faster than how I used to do it.

' -------- Working Code Start --------------
Option Compare Database
Option Explicit

Sub UpdateReportTL_Headers()

Dim sSQL As String
Dim lAPLID As Long
Dim lFYPID As Long
Dim rs1 As DAO.Recordset
Dim db As DAO.Database
Dim i As Integer
Dim sPERIOD As String

On Error GoTo UpdateReportTL_Headers_Error

Set db = CurrentDb
For i = 0 To 5

    lFYPID = [Forms]![frm_FYP_APLID_Admin].FYPID.Value
    lFYPID = (lFYPID - i)

    sSQL = "SELECT tbl_FY_Period.FY_P"
    sSQL = sSQL & " FROM tbl_FY_Period"
    sSQL = sSQL & " WHERE (((tbl_FY_Period.FY_P_ID)=" & lFYPID & "));"

    Set rs1 = db.OpenRecordset(sSQL)
    sPERIOD = Right(rs1!FY_P.Value, 2)
    Select Case i
        Case 0
            [Reports]![rpt_ProjectSummary].lblNow.Caption = sPERIOD
        Case 1
            [Reports]![rpt_ProjectSummary].lblNow_1.Caption = sPERIOD
        Case 2
            [Reports]![rpt_ProjectSummary].lblNow_2.Caption = sPERIOD
        Case 3
            [Reports]![rpt_ProjectSummary].lblNow_3.Caption = sPERIOD
        Case 4
            [Reports]![rpt_ProjectSummary].lblNow_4.Caption = sPERIOD
        Case 5
            [Reports]![rpt_ProjectSummary].lblNow_5.Caption = sPERIOD
    End Select
    Set rs1 = Nothing
Next i
Set db = Nothing

On Error GoTo 0
Exit Sub

UpdateReportTL_Headers_Error:

    Set rs1 = Nothing
    Set db = Nothing

    MsgBox "Error " & Err.Number & " (" & Err.Description & ") in procedure UpdateReportTL_Headers of Module Update_ReportHeadersTL"

End Sub
' -------- Working Code End --------------