[AccessD] Virtualization

William Hindman wdhindman at dejpolsystems.com
Wed May 21 14:32:36 CDT 2008

...I run a large Access 2K3 app fe/be for a client from Citrix without any
problems ...the fe resides in each user's own directory and the be resides
on the same disk in a shared directory ...the network traffic is actually
much less because all that is going over it is are the screen draws ...all
data remains on the server ...even over a dial up connection it can be
pretty damn fast from what the user perceives ...user hardware can be touchy
especially printers but I've not found one yet that couldn't be made to
work.

...I'm not sure what Citrix has to do with virtualization though ...ime
that's mainly applicable to easily creating different user environments on
the same hardware using different software ...but I can't think of any
reason you'd have a problem doing it with EZ.

...from a developer aspect both Citrix and TS are dream environments ime
...the users can't screw with anything, you have almost total control, and
90% of user hardware issues go away ...once you get past the paradigm shift
you'll love it.

William
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride
it, but in the end; there it is."