[AccessD] record scroll

Darryl Collins Darryl.Collins at coles.com.au
Thu May 22 19:17:27 CDT 2008

ok.. Revisited the Leban site and it is the same code that I used from the MS Site at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278379 and provided to John.

This solution works great, but the problem I had/have is this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/292054. And since all the solutions to the 429 Active X problem involve having decent access and admin rights to your PC I was completely stuffed.

You wouldn't believe the emails and phone calls I had with the IT folks at work asking to get the DAO350.dll (which the mousewheel control dll seems to need) registered correctly. MS only provide 3 solutions.  1: Got via START > RUN (run is not available on our work PC's). 2: Make the change in the Registry manually (again no access). 3: Use the original installation disk to run  eraser97.exe to remove and then your CD to reinstall the file - not only is this not an option, but it only works up to Office 97 anyway.

The IT keepers at work refused to do it, That is why I needed all the other code so I could get Access to do the dirty work on startup and ensure that both the DAO350 and mousewheel dlls were registered and recognised. - and it works great so most happy with the result.

Cheers
Darryl.