[AccessD] VBA Unbound data entry / update form

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Tue May 27 18:44:22 CDT 2008

Sorry, just don't build Access front ends very often.  ASP/HTML has far
too many advantages.

However, where JWC is hitting a wall, is that he is trying to mimic the
exact functionality of a bound form with unbound methods....there's no
real point to do that. (though I know why he is, he is trying to
disconnect it to try and remove a clog in the system).  The problem is
that if you want all the features of a bound system, it's FAR easier to
just use a bound system. Unbound forms are good for lightweight
processes.

Look at it this way.  A bound form is essentially like giving someone
direct access to a table, with some extra bells and whistles.  To
restrict capabilities (like not allowing certain fields to be edited, or
only certain records, etc.) you have to add to a bound form to get those
capabilities.  With an unbound form, you are coming from the opposite
direction.  The user only gets the capabilities you create for them.

Drew