[AccessD] VBA Unbound data entry / update form

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed May 28 06:16:55 CDT 2008

Max,

 > Won't work John.

 >>Make the changes.  When done, look up the original record
in the real table, compare data fields from temp to real.
If there are any changes THEN make the appropriate decisions
etc.  This still requires a fair amount of logic to
determine "old values" and the like...

Lock fields, lock notices, timeouts etc are a "fair amount
of logic" as well.

 > 2. Lock it as soon as record is accessed/edited.

I can't do this.  The lock affects other entirely unrelated
records due to memo and index "page locks".  THAT IS WHAT I
AM TRYING TO WORK AROUND!