[AccessD] Redesign the problem to fit the solution

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Thu May 29 13:03:47 CDT 2008

LOL.  Just can't let it go, eh?

It's not that you want to edit an existing field JC.  The problem you
are presenting is one where you want multiple people to change multiple
data points within a single field, in a single record.

So it's not that you want to knock birds out of the sky, you are trying
to shoot satellites out of orbit with a BB gun, and you are asking how
to get the BB gun to hit the satellites (and even when you hit the
satellite, you aren't going to knock them out of orbit, at least not by
much).

I have an application that does allow for data to be changed in an
unbound format.  It's not that difficult, but it is based on the premise
that a field within a record represents a single piece of information.
That information may change (thus the reason for allowing changes), but
it's not going to be set differently by two different people.

Drew