[AccessD] Off Topic - Web Site Creation Software

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Nov 9 12:43:48 CST 2008

Hi Tony

One option - with a bit of challenge and perspective too - is the highly praised open-source Umbraco CMS system for Windows and ASP.NET. It runs off a SQL Server (or MySQL or VistaDb):

  http://www.umbraco.org

/gustav

>>> iggy at nanaimo.ark.com 09-11-2008 16:17 >>>
Hey All
After many years  I now have some free time on my hands (thanks to the
state of the economy) and I am thinking, it is about time I created my
own website.  I thought I would ask your opinion on how I should
approach this.
I am not thinking about any thing fancy at the moment,  just basically
a  business profile and information page (and then learn as I go).  I am
looking for an inexpensive piece of web site creation software to get me
up and going.  I have checked the reviews and the problem I am having is
one site will rave about a  particular software program and give it full
stars and then on the next site they basically say it is a "piece of
garbage".  So I am totally confused. I am hoping to get some advice from
the group, on how I should be approaching this whole thing (totally a
newbie on this one).  To avoid  wasting other's band space could you
contact me off-line.
Thank you.

Tony Septav
MicroCoast Solutions