[AccessD] Text to Number Conversion Problem

Rocky Smolin at Beach Access Software rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Mon Nov 10 08:38:18 CST 2008

Gustav:

Here's the item in the query that's barfing:

Incoming: Val(nz([ExpectedAvailableAmt]))-nz([orgamt])

When org amount is zero and ExpectedAvailableAmt = 39,000 it will show 39 on
the report.

I tried the Replace function but got a data type mismatch error:

Incoming: Val(Replace(",","",([ExpectedAvailableAmt])))-nz([orgamt])

BTW orgamt is a numeric field but can be null.  Clues?

TIA

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software
858-259-4334