[AccessD] OT: Survey

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 09:25:25 CST 2008

The complete change of interface necessitating a lot of relearning is
one reason I would think. With all the other prior office version you
could pretty much upgrade and be just as productive with the new as
with the old right from the start. Not so with 2007. It may very well
be that the new interface is better but I just don't have time to
learn where stuff is now, I need to get stuff done. If they had kept
an option to use "classic menus" it would have been more widely
accepted.

I was just messing with Access 2007 last night because I am needing to
create some address labels. the database I am using was originally an
Access 97 database that was then updated to 2000 format but last
updated by A2002 (XP). When I went to preview the address label report
it first came up in single column rather than in teh 3 columns my
label stock is. It took me at several minutes to get the thing in
design view and then find the page setup and finally saw that it WAS
already in 3 column format but for some reason it jsut didn't show
when I first looked at it. If I told it to print preview from design
view it showed three columns.... Grrrr. So I printed the labels and
they came out fine. So then I went to exit and when i tried to close
the report it asked me if I wanted to save the changes and I said yes
and it asked me if I wanted to save the changes and i said yes
----repeat 10 times - I eventually said NO and it closed. Grrr #2.  I
ended up going back to my older system where the original Access
database was and I printed the labels from there too. I see that some
of the addresses on teh A2007 version have been updated and the ones
on the A2002 version have not, but some of them don't exist at all on
the A2007 version either. So I have a mess pretty much now to figure
out which labels to use.

GK