[AccessD] MS Access Drawing Capabilities

paul_lifopro paul_lifopro at cox.net
Wed Nov 19 09:43:20 CST 2008

Mark,

Thanks you very much!!!

Have a great day.

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark A Matte [mailto:markamatte at hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 8:12 AM
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: Re: [AccessD] MS Access Drawing Capabilities

Paul,

Sorry for the delay...I was 'offline' yesterday...this mdb is at home on a
personal machine.  I got your other email as well.  It does allow a 'user'
to select what objects are visible and rearrange the objects on the
screen...even the size of some objects.   I will try and put something
together tonight.

Thanks,

Mark A. Matte> From: paul_lifopro at cox.net> To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 12:28:48 -0600> Subject: Re: [AccessD] MS Access
Drawing Capabilities> > Mark,> > This would probably work for me.> > Would
it be possible for me to get a copy of the code you used? I'm not> very
familiar with the mouseup and down event.> > Thanks very much for you help.>
> Paul> > -----Original Message-----> From: Mark A Matte
[mailto:markamatte at hotmail.com] > Sent: Monday, November 17, 2008 8:03 AM>
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com> Subject: Re: [AccessD] MS Access Drawing
Capabilities> > > I left 1 piece of info out...I wanted the same type of
events to fire for> each object type...so I wrote some code that used the
name of each object to> determine what function to call...and used a naming
convention religiously.> When a certain object was clicked...the border(a
label) would change> color...and a lookup would count and display on on the
object how many> records were associated with the table. So for each object
I had 3> things.Example:> > Text box---tbPool01> Label---lbPool01>
Image---imPool01> > Text box---tbBoot01> Label---lbBoot01> Image---imBoot01>
> So when you clicked on an object(image) it would pass its name to the>
function...parse the name...then depending on what 'kind' it was>
('boot','pool','stoo'' etc)...Mid([MyName],3,4)...would do specific things>
to that images corresponding text box and lable.> > Using this type of
naming...allowed me to store the names and positions of> all objects in a
table, loop through all items when the form opened and> positioning them
according to the data in the table....giving the user a way> to move items
around(UP,DOWN,RIGHT,LEFT buttons adding and subtracting> TWIPS) on the
screen and basically customizing it for their use.(even worked> in an MDE).>
> Good Luck,> > Mark A. Mattesh what you are looking for.> > Good luck.> >
Mark A. Matte>> From: paul_lifopro at cox.net> To:
accessd at databaseadvisors.com> Date: Fri, 14> Nov 2008 12:58:52 -0600>
Subject: [AccessD] MS Access Drawing Capabilities>> > I'm volunteering my
time to work on a small system for a non-profit>> organization.> > > > The
organization has an Expo every year and they have> been keeping track of>
the exhibitors, booth space and donated items using> Excel. While this>
works, its pretty time consuming and inefficient.> > > >> I have the DB,
Forms and reports pretty well finished. What I need help on>> is how to
create a diagram/chart of how the booths are set up in the>> building. It
seems like I should be able to interface Access and maybe>> Visio to get
this done.> > > > Ideally, I'd like to draw he booth setup on a> form and
then somehow let the> people click on a booth and have a modal form> come up
and show the> information about the booth i.e. size, is it taken, is> it a
premium booth,> etc.> > > > I've googled every key word I can think of> !>
but haven't been able to find any> examples.> > > > Any help would be>
appreciated.> > > > Thanks> > > > Paul> > -- > AccessD mailing list>>
AccessD at databaseadvisors.com>>
http://www.databaseadvisors.com>>