[AccessD] Broken References

Andy Lacey andy at minstersystems.co.uk
Wed Nov 19 17:00:05 CST 2008

Hi folks

If you have 2 machines with different versions of Office, and your app needs
a reference to Excel, how do you achieve that without errors? I kind of
stumble through this when I get it but I've never fully understood.
Sometimes it seems that if I compile on pc1 and copy to pc2 the app
recompiles when you start the app, whereas in other situations it seems to
error. Is it anything to do with which way you're doing it - eg if you
compile on a pc with, say, Office 2000 and then move the app to where
there's Office XP that's ok, but the reverse fails. Anything like that?
Anyone know the rule?

I'm headed for bed so I'll look forward to your pearls of wisdom when I
crawl out of the sack.

Cheers

Andy Lacey