[AccessD] OT kinda: Order of criteria in SQL statement

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Fri Nov 21 09:44:23 CST 2008

Mark - can you post the SQL statement?

Dan

-----Original Message-----

Hello All,

Does the order/sequence you add your criteria (WHERE clause) in a SQL
statement affect performance?  The query in question has a 'lookup' table
that translates values from a certain field.  When I remove this table...the
query no longer runs (times out...system has 10 minute governor).  This
table join is right in the middle of the WHERE clause.  Removing this will
not pull more rows, so unless the order matters...I can't understand what my
issue is?

Thanks,

Mark A. Matte