[AccessD] Using Windows Authentication with Access/SQL Apps

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Tue Nov 25 11:57:54 CST 2008

I'm working on upsizing one of my customers to SQL.  They have asked if we
could eliminate the Access workgroup username and password login that I
currently use (mostly just so the database knows who is logging in).

With SQL using Windows Authentication, my Access app could simply pick up on
the current username and go from there, without going through an additional
username and password entry.

Has anyone done this?  Any pros, cons, or gotchas?

Thanks!
Dan