[AccessD] Joining Tables

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 11:27:40 CDT 2008

I would go even further, Charlotte. Unless the underlying table' column has
a large degree of uniqueness, chances are good that the optimizer will do a
full table scan anyway. In this case, the index in question would be time
well wasted, since the system will be forced to maintain the index while
also never using it. (At least that is the case in SQL Server; I cannot
verify that the same is true in JET.

Arthur