[AccessD] Blank Lines in report

Kaup, Chester Chester_Kaup at kindermorgan.com
Thu Oct 30 07:47:15 CDT 2008

If I set up the code like this and walk through it all the statements in the if then end if block are executed when the if condition is met (3, 6, 9 etc). The report displays with a blank line every third line.

Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)
   ' This code adds a blank line by setting the NextRecord and
   ' PrintSection properties.
   If cLines Mod (cMaxLine + 1) = 0 Then
      Me.NextRecord = False
      Me.PrintSection = False
   End If
   cLines = cLines + 1
End Sub

If I set up the code like this and walk through it all the statements in the if then end if block are executed when the if condition is met (3, 6, 9 etc). The report displays with no blank lines

Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)
   ' This code adds a blank line by setting the NextRecord and
   ' PrintSection properties.
   If cLines = 3 Or cLines = 6 Or cLines = 9 Or cLines = 12 Or cLines = 15 Or cLines = 16 Then
      Me.NextRecord = False
      Me.PrintSection = False
   End If
   cLines = cLines + 1
End Sub

cLines increments just fine in both cases. I am puzzled.