[AccessD] A2003: Calculating tax amounts (OT)

rockysmolin at bchacc.com rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Mon Sep 1 07:59:54 CDT 2008

The only thing I could find on that is a proposal to shelter $250,000 of
home equity n the event of a bankruptcy due to medical bills.  THis assumes
that you have not already consumed the equity in your house paying bills.
But I can't find anything other than that one proposal.  I think you're
still exposed to bankruptcy from medical bills.  AFAIK you can't segregate
your debts like that.

But I didn't do an exhaustive search.  Do you know of a link which
describes asset exemptions in a bankruptcy due to medical bills?

Rocky