[AccessD] Numeric Field Overflow

Serrano, John K John.Serrano at dayzim.com
Tue Sep 9 14:31:14 CDT 2008

I am getting a numeric field overflow error when I am importing a text
file into an access db.

Originally, I had all the tables, forms, queries, and reports in one
access application and never got this error.

Once I split out the access programs into two separate databases
utilizing one access application to store all of the data (tables) and
the other access application as a front end application.

I linked the tables and tried importing the same file and received a
"Numeric Field Overflow" error.

However when I merge the tables back into the access application I don't
get this message?

Any ideas as to what is going on?

John Serrano