[AccessD] Comparing Tables

A.D.Tejpal adtp at airtelmail.in
Wed Sep 17 13:43:02 CDT 2008

Chester,

    My sample db named Query_CompareTables might be of interest to you. It is available at Rogers Access Library (other developers library). Link - http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=45

    The sample is in Access 2000 File Format (Reference required: DAO 3.6). Brief description is given below.

Best wishes,
A.D. Tejpal
------------

Query_CompareTables  (Sample Db)
Brief Description
===========================
    Discrepancies in the contents of two tables (for records identified by combination of PtID and AdmDate) are displayed as follows:

    1 - Non-Matching records:
    (a) These are displayed in the subform at right. For each row, the name of its source table is also shown.
    (b) Each row is highlighted (separate back colors, depending upon the source table name).
    (c) For the fields under comparison, only those values are shown where there is a discrepancy between the two tables. Other fields (having no deviation) appear blank.
    (d) Displayed non-matching values are highlighted (separate back colors depending upon which table the field belongs to).

    2 - Missing records (Existing in one table but not the other):
    (a) These are displayed in the subform at left. For each row, the name of its source table is also shown.
    (b) Each row is highlighted (separate back colors, depending upon the source table name).