[AccessD] OT: Weekend, technology OT: Microsoft Surface Computing....

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Sun Sep 21 13:58:34 CDT 2008

Hi All,

Have you seen/are you all talking there about this amazing "thick"
technology from MS:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/industry/4217348.html

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2007/may07/05-29mssurfacepr.mspx

I did write "thick" because this really amazing (I will not get tired to
repeat that - I think I was never that excited about new technology) - this
"coffee-table computer" is still rather thick (or tall) - 50 cm(?) tall and
expensive - 5,000-10,000USD?

Are there any rumors there when it will become thin and inexpensive enough
to be broadly used in usual office work? - But the latter promise to be so
unusual if that piece of technologies ever reaches it - but it (rather soon)
will, will not it?

It all looks like David Copperfield (Laser) Illusion - have anybody seen
that tables in reality and in action - they say they are now distributed in
AT&T stores/shops there, are they?

Thank you.

--
Shamil

P.S. BYW, it looks like MS Vista (or similar) Windows OS version drives
these "smart coffee tables"...