[AccessD] Importing multiple txt files

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Wed Apr 1 12:25:12 CDT 2009

Dim strTemp as String
strTemp=Dir("C:\YourPath\*.txt")
Do until strTemp=""
	Debug.print strTemp
	strTemp=Dir
Loop

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Janet Erbach
Sent: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 12:12 PM
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: [AccessD] Importing multiple txt files

Hello!

I would like to programmatically import one by one all the text files in
given directory - usually around 30 files.  I've used code that I copied
from http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0001.htm to allow the user to
browse
through windows directories and select a single file to process...but
now I
want to process ALL the files in a given directory, regardless of the
number
of files.  I assumed I would build an array with the names of all the
files
and then loop through that array in my code to import and process them
one
by one.

Does anyone know of code I could utilize that would allow me to
identifity
the names of all the txt files in a selected directory?  I'm lost when
it
comes to interfacing Access with Windows in this way!

Janet Erbach
NaturalHealthyConcepts.com