[AccessD] Solid State Disk performance

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Apr 1 18:15:08 CDT 2009

Michael,

Thanks for the references.  As you might notice, most "8 gb" kits are 4 x 2gb which is what I have
in it right now.  The 4 gb x 1 was briefly available, starting at well over 400$ each, working
quickly down to about $150.  I came this close to buying at that price but decided to wait for the
magic hundred dollar mark.  They went away instead.

8(

Yea, there are several that are fully buffered but I don't believe they will work in unbuffered
slots.  Not certain, just an educated guess.  The 4 GB x 1 that is available now is about $400
again.  Too rich for my blood.  I need FOUR of these things per server times two servers.  Ouch!