[AccessD] Sel Start and Sel Length not working for me

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Thu Apr 2 14:02:45 CDT 2009

Dear List:

In the got focus event of a bound text box I want to have all the current
text selected.  The box can only have a 0 or 1.It is bound to a field of
data type number

The following code should (I think, but obviously not) select all the text
in the box but doesn't.  Can anyone see why?

    Me.fldFHxDetailMotherResponse.SelStart = 0
    Me.fldFHxDetailMotherResponse.SelLength =
len(Me.fldFHxDetailMotherResponse)

I also tried:

    Me.fldFHxDetailMotherResponse.SelStart = 0
    Me.fldFHxDetailMotherResponse.SelLength = 1

just to make things simple.  But no soap.

MTIA,

Rocky Smolin

Beach Access Software

858-259-4334