[AccessD] Web Applications

Eric Barro ebarro at verizon.net
Tue Apr 7 20:00:12 CDT 2009

Therein lies the problem with the recommendation to go with classic ASP
versus ASP.NET...

You mentioned that you compile your code into a DLL. Now, how would a
beginner know to do that using VB6...much less know what to put in those VB6
modules and *then* know enough to instantiate the object you just created
using VB Script on their classic ASP pages?

Not to mention the fact that when you deploy your DLL to the server you will
have to make sure that it's registered.

Fortunately with ASP.NET you don't have to worry about all those things
because it's a framework and the framework does all the heavy lifting for
you. Am I right or am I right? :)