[AccessD] Unicode string conversion

Doug Steele dbdoug at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 09:57:10 CDT 2009

For the eddification of the curious, the solution turned out to take two
steps:

1. Convert the binary field to a unicode string: MyString =
StrConv(MyBinaryField,vbUnicode)
2. Convert the output from step 1 to to a standard string: MyFinalString =
StrConv(MyString,vbFromUnicode)

(done in one double step in code)