[AccessD] Empty Field Label

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri Apr 10 16:25:29 CDT 2009

You will not be able to display a matching value for Null fields in a combobox.

Remembet that the combobox displays the value from its recordset which is *equal to* the
*value* in the underlying field.  Effectively you are asking the combobox to display
"ClientID" where [ClientID] = Null

Remember also that (regardless of what Drew thinks <g>),  Null is not a *value* and that
nothing is *equal to* Null, not even another Null, so  nothing will be displayed for a Null field.

You could possibly cheat and set the Default value of [ClientID] to 0, but storing ) where a
thClientID hasn't been set destroys referential integrity  for a start and can cause other
problems.as well.