[AccessD] Query Using field names

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Mon Apr 13 13:36:18 CDT 2009

Dear List:

I want to write a DCount or do a stored query (amounts to the same thing I
guess) which incorporates the field name as a criterion.

This is an app which diagnoses back problems.  In the patient record there
are a number of fields which identify pain locations and all of those field
names start with "fldPL".  So I want to look at all the fields whose name
starts with fldPL for a specific Patient ID (I have the PK), and count the
ones where the field value is True (this is to make sure the user has
identified at least one pain location).

But I can't figure out how to use the field name as a criterion.  Can this
be done?

MTIA

Rocky Smolin

Beach Access Software