[AccessD] Variable line height

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 20:00:05 CDT 2009

Rocky,

Well, you could print the report on a pre-printed form that has a line
down the middle!!  Just kidding!

I've done something similar with columnar reports to provide both
vertical and horizontal lines in a grid.  I CHEATED!

That is, I set the detail area background color to gray and then I
made sure that all the text boxes are wide and high enough to leave
just a smidgin of space between rows and columns.  The background
color then shows through in between text boxes and gives the effect of
grid lines.

Of course, if you've got text boxes that grow, then there will be
large areas of gray where one box isn't as tall as the one next to it.
 For what it's worth, I've never cared for the inability of Access to
make grids in the report designer.

Are you saying that there's just two side-by-side text boxes per page?
 Or might there be several pairs of boxes, one pair in each detail
row?

I'm temporizing...I've never run across anything that did what you
want in a simple fashion.  I suppose that there are Report events one
could rely on to change the height of a dividing line...but I'll bet
very few people use them.

Steve Erbach
Neenah, WI