[AccessD] Moderator Message

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Wed Aug 5 15:22:46 CDT 2009

Hi all,
Just to be clear - I am not opposed to anything that will better this
organization.

Presently we have multiple lists for various reasons and I subscribe to them
all because I want to get everything. I lurk on some and post in some. I am
flexible on how to go about this.

I uphold what the Board of Directors (and thereby the Shareholders) have
decided as to how they want the lists to operate. I certainly do present
things to the BOD for consideration and discussion. My stance is not to fix
something that isn't broken. If this is now "broken" then it needs to be
fixed.

Some things to I would have to consider:
How does this affect archiving? (to go further, does anyone care about
archiving anymore?)

If we continue archiving how do we go about it
- a. leave all the separate archives as they are - how will people know to
search these?
- b. gather all of the separate archives into one archive - how will this be
accomplished?

If we merge all technical lists together should we use AccessD or should we
create a new list with a more appropriate moniker?

I'm sure there are more issues like these so I am going to call for a
meeting of the BOD to discuss these issues.

Thanks all,

John Bartow, President
Database Advisors, Inc.
Email: mailto:president at databaseadvisors.com