[AccessD] Access poll

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Sat Aug 8 14:07:10 CDT 2009

Max,

Thank you for your comment.
As I noted earlier I intended to not post any my comments into this thread -
I will post now to reply on your posting and then no other comments - OK?

Yes, "this list is exceptional, outstanding and global."
Yes, "long dissertation from JC, Drew, Stuart et al." are very good.
Yes, "I tell you frankly, I would rather prefer the 2-line answers that many
others give" as I do not have time to read long posts. (And because I'm more
a developer/writer than reader. I do like to write long posts too. But I do
not have time for that long writing these days. So I'm trying to find how to
express myself/to help others using relatively short messages. William's
style is the best here to learn this way of short-token communication from.
Yours is very good also. Gustav's is a bit longer but always very profound
and on topic. I can go on and on...)
Yes, "nearly every day, somebody posts something which is worth knowing."
Yes, "whatever we eventually evolve into, I hope I will continue to be part
of it (Access-D)."
Yes, I'm more saying "it's just another cycle in the development chain.
Test it, learn it, adjust and move on" than anything else.

Thank you.

--
Shamil

P.S.  As far as I understood the main issue for developers in MS Access 2007
is to hide the Ribbon and to generate custom CommandBars on runtime? If I'm
not mistaken we can discuss this subject/issue and we can try of needed to
find its effective workaround in another thread here. Thank you.

P.P.S I'd prefer to not participate in discussions that "Ribbon sucks"
because many of us are so used to use (since Office 95) MS Office
CommandBars - I also do still feel a bit uncomfortable with Ribbon because I
do not use it on everyday basis but when it happens to use it for a couple
of days then everything gets in right place, logical and well arranged. I
mean if it ever happens for me to return to MS Access/Office development I'd
expect that Ribbon will not be an issue at all after one week of intensive
working with it...

P.P.P.S. BTW, I'm typing this message on DELL's Inspiron 9400 notebook
running MS Windows Vista Ultimate: I do use MS Windows Vista for 2+ years
now. I like it. I mean that. You can find me a bit masochistic. Maybe. :)
Have a nice weekend.