[AccessD] OpenRecordSet question

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Aug 10 03:44:33 CDT 2009

Hi A.D.

That makes sense.

However, I've never had a need to have a db1 and a db2 referring to the same database - only two different databases. But who knows, one day maybe?

/gustav

>>> adtp at airtelmail.in 10-08-2009 10:31 >>>
Gustav,

     It seems that in order to get the revised status, say count of records after executing an append query, refresh method of pertinent collection needs to be called anyway, whether the pointer pertains to CurrentDb or DbEngine.

    If db1 and db2 are two object variables pointing to CurrentDb, and an append query has been executed via db1, latest status obtained by refresh of tabledefs via db1 (say  db1.TableDefs.Refresh) is not transparent to db2. For db2 also to see the uptodate position, explicit statement like db2.TableDefs.Refresh becomes necessary.  The statement  db1 Is db2  returns False.

    On the other hand, if  db1 and db2  point to DbEngine(0)(0), latest status resulting from refresh of tabledefs collection via db1 is directly seen by db2 as well. There is no need for a separate refresh via db2.  The statement  db1 Is db2  returns True.

Best wishes,
A.D. Tejpal