[AccessD] Extract Data from MDB

Jason Strickland jason at purplecone.com
Wed Aug 19 20:54:30 CDT 2009

Darryl, if you wouldn't sharing, I would look into doing this. We have done
the Database solution right now but it involved changing a few permissions
on the Active Directory share. From my boss' point of view, he'd rather see
Excel pull the data.

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 7:48 PM, Collins, Darryl <Darryl.Collins at anz.com>wrote:

> Jason,
>
> Would just pulling the data you need in Excel as a fixed recordset work
> for you?  I could be updated as often as you wanted and would not
> involve locking the .mdb at all.
>
> I have code that can do that if you are interested.  The demo code comes
> in two flavours. You can have Excel doing all the pulling, or Access
> doing all the pushing. Up to you.
>
> Cheers
> Darryl

"One reason a dog has so many friends: he wags his tail instead of his
tongue."